Thursday, May 22, 2014

New Window Herb Garden and Sushi--Summer!

Memorial day is just around the corner making summer official.  It's no secret I don't have a green thumb.  Gardening is not my fav thing, though I need to learn to love it since it's a Prov 31 trait among other things.  This summer I am taking a baby step and starting a window herb garden.  I tried this a few years ago, but didn't keep it up.  This time, I will keep it up.  I have sage, chives, oregano, and basil.  This will save money, and be a lot better to cook with fresh herbs instead of dried.  
 I found these little pots at Walmart for one dollar.  They were so bland though, so my mom let me borrow one of her paint sets that my dad got for her, and I went to work painting the pots to match my safari theme at my place.




Final potted plants in the painted pots.
 This year I've been into sushi.  When I visited the Barkei's maybe 3 years ago up in Jersey they introduced me to making homemade sushi and I love making it.
 Cut up the raw fish.  I know, sounds gross, but it's one of those things that you either like or you really don't. 
 raw salmon, brown rice, avocado, cucumber, rice vinegar rolled up in seaweed

Makes an easy healthy dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment