Monday, November 18, 2013

A Fun Weekend of Sewing!

 This past weekend can be summed up in one BIG WORD...SEWING!!!!  It was hard work, but so much fun.  My mom came over to my house, and we had a girls day sewing party!   My house looks like "Hurricane David Musical" passed through it shown in the pics below.  Meanwhile, my vacuum is enjoying its break.  No use in vacuuming while sewing...threads everywhere, fabric everywhere, and beware to all guests entering my home.....probably straight pins everywhere...so far I haven't stepped or sat on any!  :-)!


 Ever wondered what 7 yards of fabric straight looks like?!  :-)  Ran out of fabric and wanted to get as many people's tunics that I have on my list sewn as possible while I was at home on Sunday all day, so I went to fabric store and bought 7 yards shown above.  Takes so much fabric to make tunics...about 2 yards for each since the fabric is so skinny, and those of us making them are not wasting fabric either.  Wow!!
 Love my ole faithful Zebra decorated sewing machine!  It's NOT an expensive machine at all, but it works great and I've even dropped it before in years past and it's solid!
 Rainbow of blue fabric for the tunics in the making all different shades of blue!  If you look closely, even the dark blue fabric are different shades. Cool!
 Can't neglect my Etsy shop.  A gal ordered this CCoatsOfManyColours Design from me a few weeks back for her wedding, and her original order got lost, so I sewed her these as a replacement.  Hope she likes!  I originally created this design for my brother's wedding.

All packaged up and ready to ship!

 Going back to Saturday evening...I shot this pic of me wearing the "shown on TV" "bump it up" for women's hair.  It's a quick way for a woman to wear their hair up in an elegant way without taking too much time. 
 Above:  Front View
Below:  Back View....don't like the coloring of the back view....makes my hair look like's it's brown with gray hair.....WHAT....I don't have gray hair and the only time my hair is brown is when it's dirty.  ha, ha!....don't know what was up w/my camera.

How the bump it up looks out of hair...I used the middle sized one in the pics shown above.

Below:  When I took my shoes off the other day they somehow landed like this.  Either sewing all day drove me out of my head, or my artistic brain was just at it's peak, b/c I had to get a fashion photo of my shoes since I didn't pose them like this..it's all natural.  :-)!

No comments:

Post a Comment