Friday, May 31, 2013

Belated Mother's Day and Chocolate

The "real Mother's Day" was the day of AC grad and that was a busy weekend for everyone at HQ pretty much, so my mom and I decided we would "postpone" our mother's day until Memorial Day Weekend Sunday.  We had fun.  Soaked our feet, watched movies, sipped a glass of wine each, I cooked, we ate.  On the "real" mom's day I had called my grandma who lives hundreds of miles away, and I made a mistake, BIG mistake of asking her how old she was.  I am fascinated with age b/c wisdom does come along with the older you are, but I forgot women of her era NEVER disclosed their age, so I asked her, her age this year.  As soon as I asked her my mom, her daughter, immediately started waving her arms at me and was like no you just asked your grandma that...she's going to get you and even moreso get me for not raising you to know that women shouldn't disclose their age.  That is big to her.  ha, ha!  My grandma didn't get me b/c I'm apparently the granddaughter with the pretty much identical personality to hers, but she told me these exact words in response:  "Let's just say I'm on top of the tree looking down on all of you."  Great answer.
The Padua's from Philippines gave me chocolate via their son from JAPAN that they picked up on their way here to visit the US.  When I saw that the chocolate looked different, lighter color as you can see; tastes different...has more of a fine coffee flavor, and that the ingredients and everything else pretty much on the box were in Japanese I was excited!  I don't know if they check my blog out, but if they do...THANK YOU!  Way nice chocolate!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment