Friday, July 12, 2019

Spring Semester Recital Update


Life of a pianist in training update...... 
Playing Rhapsody in Blue with my teacher in the Dwight Armstrong Performing Arts Conservatory in the AC Spring Area Recital.  I'm thankful to God for giving me this opportunity, and to Mr. Malone for the invitation to perform.  It was fun!  I have wanted to be able to perform this song since I was a child, and it was like climbing Mount Everest to be able to do so; at least to me being that I'm no where near expert level at all!
Originally, I didn't post this publicly when it was performed back in May.  I'm kind of picky about what personal music endeavors I post, and I also try to not come across as in your face and all about self, but since a few have asked, I'll go ahead and show it for those who would like to see.  Whenever I perform I always get soooo nervous, but then I stop and think about how performing isn't supposed to be about showing off, it's really about serving and giving to your audience, and that always calms me down.  Not a 100% perfect performance, but as my teacher put it, an okay performance.  Still growing towards perfection and still have a long ways to go, but playing this song was the biggest piano endeavor that I've done yet.  This is not an easy piece, it's super difficult, and again, it's not perfect, but I completed it to the end.  It was like a piano marathon...long and difficult.  It's over 15 minutes long, so warning.  :-)
BELOW:
My niece's end of year Spring semester Ballet Recital on stage in Armstrong Auditorium.  She did great!  We'll leave the video private as I'm not sure how her classmates families would feel about a video posted publicly.  Being extra careful is always a better route to take, but I'm so thrilled for my niece and the opportunities that God gives her; that I wanted to at least post one pic of acknowledgement of her end of year dance recital.  They have a great teacher in Mrs. Privratsky!  Everyone did better than ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment