Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Developing Talents: Piano Practice Videos #5

ABOVE:  Still being submitted to learning Bach pieces
The month of April was pretty much taken up in cleaning, studying, traveling, etc.  This meant that developing the piano skills was put on hold, so 3 weeks went by with no lessons or practice.  I finally had lessons last Sunday, and woke up before the sun came up at 6:00AM and practiced for 2 hours straight in trying to cram in three weeks of neglected practice.  The cramming was a bad idea.  I was so tired by 9:30am at the lessons, that I was pretty much out of it, and my brain was done with practice and decided to go on "sleep mode" like a computer does.  Elyssia said that while I would be playing I looked like I was panicking.  LOL!  What a wild lesson.  Kids, don't try this at home.  Cramming for piano does not work.  LOL!
Anyway, here is my piano practice videos in trying to get back into the swing of things.  One of my goals this year is to develop the talents that God has blessed me with that I am aware of as best as I can while I still have the opportunity to grow.  I've made a list of the things that I would like to accomplish.  Being a sports success is NOT anywhere on my list.  As much as I would like to say I'm athletic, I'm not, so the plan this year is to focus on the things that I can do.  After Elyssia graduates we will continue my lessons online via video which is a popular way of taking music lessons these days. .........still a long ways to go with piano.
BELOW:  Stick a fork in this Chopin Waltz......passed on this song and "upgraded" to a way more difficult one.
BELOW:  The next Chopin Waltz assignment that I've only just begun to learn.  The fingering is difficult and tricky, for me at least.  One thing that I like about having a teacher is that she picks the songs, so it "forces" me to learn a variety of songs that I might have not challenged my own self.
 BELOW:  A Mozart piece that I have not looked at for awhile, but had to whip back out this week.  I pretty much have this song learned, I just have to commit it to memory and smooth it out some more, and add the proper technical things to it which is difficult being that I'm more of an artistic type person rather than technical.  That's the biggest challenge that I face in piano, putting the technical aspects into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment