Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Piano Lessons Update Blog Post #3

I have gotten back into the swing of things as far as piano practicing goes.  A lot of discipline is the name of the game.  I'm enjoying it.  I'm being reminded that piano lessons and playing are kind of a reflection of your personality.  It can help you see and overcome certain quirks too.  I know that sounds strange, but it's true.  Anyway, above is me practicing a simple Bach piece this AM before heading to work.  I'm having trouble putting emotion into Bach pieces, so below, my lovely teacher, Elyssia, demonstrated playing with emotion during my last lesson.  Anyway, this is update post 3.  I won't always tweet these blog posts as I didn't post 2 with a Chopin teaser.  These are just little personal fun posts of growth.  :-)  For the most part I will just blog them.  When I feel like I have a song technically accurate; there is so much more to playing than just knowing the notes on the page; I will play them all in entirety instead of just a "teaser."  :-)  This post is for a lovely musical friend, Jamie, who is far away now, but still a great friend!


No comments:

Post a Comment