Monday, October 22, 2012

My Latest Almost Burn the House Down Kitchen Blooper

Yes, you are looking at a very burnt tea kettle!  No secret that I'm scared of fire, so everyday I pray for God's specific protection from fire beating my prayers down fine to even protection from careless neglect of accidentally leaving something like the stove or an iron turned on.  Well, here is proof that God answers those prayers.  I left my house to go visit my mom with no idea that the burner on the stove was on.  The tea kettle had no water in it.  I had put a roast in the oven, so I'm guessing I accidentally hit the switch for the stove top when hitting the oven button.  Anyway, long story short, when I got back from my parents house after being gone for awhile, I walked into a horrible aroma of smoke in my house.  My first thought was, it's the roast, but then common sense told me, nope b/c a larger roast takes hours to cook.  So I walked to the stove and my kitchen was all smoky, the whole house was....I still couldn't figure out why after going ahead and looking in the oven and seeing the roast still had about 1.5 hours to go and was not burning.  Then, I looked and saw what you see in these pictures, looked up, and noticed the burner was on; so I immediately turned it off.  It's pretty obvious to me by the burnt kettle and all of the smoke that there had been a fire happening in my kitchen while I was out, as smoky as my house was, only God knows how bad it was....but after getting over being mad at myself for accidentally turning on the stove burner, I was thankful for the opportunity to share my little miracle.  Good thing my prayers are beat down fine in the fire area, else, I might have gotten the opportunity to test out my house fire insurance!  :-)

Ashes in the inside of the kettle

No comments:

Post a Comment