Monday, June 4, 2018

My Niece's Very First Dance Recital!


I'm not a proud Aunt?  NOT--yes I am!  I'm soooo happy that my brother and sis in law put Sophia into ballet dance lessons.  She absolutely loves dancing and has been moving her legs and feet since she could crawl.  She is one blessed little girl.  She participated in her very first of hopefully many more to come, dance recitals.  It was her first overall recital as well.  There will be piano and more recitals in her future if all goes well as planned.  It is pretty neat that her first performance was on the stage of Armstrong Auditorium.  If I can say so myself, I think she did very well.  Hats off to her fab teacher, Sarah P.  That's a great teacher to choreograph such young em's to a dance on stage all together.  The niece was a little nervous right before the show, but a total little girl of excitement afterwards.  She had a huge smile on her face and asked her number #1 fan club...aka her Daddy, Mommy, and her Aunt who were at the show, and later on that day her Grandpa and Grandma who had lived streamed her performance if we enjoyed her performance.  The answer was YES!  When I was a kid at Ambassador College Big Sandy my parents gave me the option of either the music or dance program.  Those things cost money.  I chose music, but Sophia is sooo blessed that she will be able to be involved in both soon thanks to the HWA performing arts program.  So happy for her as well as the rest of the fam!

 ....The little swan beginning to be in flight with the help of her parents.
Neat Fact:  Sophia's Daddy use to stand in front of this same exact sculpture as a kid after big events at AC Big Sandy.  Little did he know that his daughter would be doing the exact same thing.  Special!
Hopefully the fab Irish dancer's won't mind me posting this video clip of the dance recital finale.  I absolutely loved this performance.  I thought it was great!  It's always neat to watch dance contagions in which they had in this dance.  I hope there are many more dance recitals.  It was so much fun to watch the ballerinas and the Irish dancers give back to us what they've been working on all year on the big stage in a dance recital!

No comments:

Post a Comment