Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Dad's Memoirs!

ABOVE:  A pic of my dad in his prime working in the Ambassador College kitchen in Big Sandy, Texas in the 80's.
My Dad's finished memoirs!  A few family members and friends have asked to read it, so with my father's permission, I found it easiest to just post it in PDF form.  MPC was so kind to print him a few personal physical hard copies too, but that's up to him what he does with them.  I learned a lot about my family history I wasn't aware of and am thankful for it.  With both of my parents older now, I am thankful for this.  My family is definitely nothing extraordinarily special except for God's great master plan in us, and we as everyone else human have had our down moments, but it's definitely a for fun read especially for the family and close friends.  It's a family treasure to have.  One thing that I've learned in life is that if you know where someone came from, you tend to understand them more.  I wish I had memoirs on everyone.  :-)  Thanks so much to everyone that helped put it together for my dad....Jeremiah and Breanna Jacques, Mr. Hilliker, Aubrey Mercado, Zachary Bush, Philip Nice, and others that I'm probably not even aware.  They didn't have to, but they so kindly gave of their time to help my dad with this.  Thanks to my Dad for taking time to write them so my brother and I will know from where we came.  Anyway, just click on the below cover and scroll down to read if you so desire.

6 comments:

  1. so cool how can one get a copy to read???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I am beyond excited to read this!

    Getting to spend 2 years in the HWAC kitchen with Mr. Coats was a pure joy, listening to the stories of his past. As soon as I heard that there was a memoir being put together I was ecstatic. I know the lessons he shared from his life with me helped me through a lot of different trials, and they'll no doubt help many many more in every area of life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle van der LeeuwApril 13, 2018 at 6:24 AM

    What a fascinating read !! Would it be possible to download a pdf file ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I SO want to read this, Carolyn!! Give your dad (and mom!) a hug for me! It's been too long.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wait...just downloaded it Well, I don't foresee getting a while lot done around the house today...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,
    I always recall Mr. Coats as this most beaming and positive person while he served up roast lunches at the Big Sandy TX campus, in the mid 1980s.
    What a work he has put together.
    Thanks

    John

    ReplyDelete