Monday, September 25, 2017

Tire Miracle!

I am thankful to God for still being here.  A few weeks ago, I was traveling on the interstate, and I confess I was going over 70mph...I was running late.  All of a sudden, my steering wheel felt loose, and I saw a big chunk of my tire fly up in the air.  I then realized that I had lost my front driver's side tire which is one of the worse tires to go.  Usually that will cause you to loose control of your vehicle, and flip over, especially going the speed I was going.  I stayed calm expecting my vehicle to serve out of control and flip over at any second.  I didn't brake knowing that wouldn't be good.  Every second I was thinking, here it comes....I'm about to loose control, swerve and flip, but that moment never came.  I kept gliding, and my jeep kept slowing down more and more kind of like a train does when it slows until it was slow enough for me to very carefully and slowly inch it over to the shoulder of the interstate.  I then called Paulette C. who is a just wonderful friend, and asked if she could come pick me up so I could make it to where I needed to be on time.  She agreed.  I didn't want her to have to drive all the way up the interstate and then have to double back as it is about 8 miles up and back down due to a divider in between the median, so I was going to walk to the next closest exit and she could just pick me up at the end of the exit ramp that way in trying to be considerate to her since she was kind enough to come get me.  I had only walked a few steps when this van stopped and asked if I needed help...normally I would have been suspicious, but I was thinking, perhaps God sent this ride for me, so I got in on faith, and they drove me to the end of the exit, and there was Paulette....and we were not late b/c of me getting a ride to the end of the exit ramp to meet Paulette.  I then called my brother, and he was happy to put my spare on later that night.  So, later that night, my brother went to my jeep and noticed that both his and my jack weren't elevating it up enough since the jeep was down on it's rim with the tire completely shot, and it was on a slope.  This man we didn't know stopped, and said he had a big truck commercial jack that he had just bought the previous week, and loaned it to us, and then the Welsh family showed up to check on us and to take pictures knowing how this was a miracle.  With everyone's help, my tire was successfully changed and we got these pics to document this miracle.  I should have died or at least ended up in the hospital that evening, but thanks to God's mercy and love, I didn't even loose control of my vehicle once or hit anything or anyone else.  These kind of incidents make me realize I need to work a lot harder to give back to God, and to work harder to make myself more ready for Him.


No comments:

Post a Comment