Wednesday, April 12, 2017

NTBMO and 1st Day of ULB Pics

Here are a few NTBMO dinner pictures of our experience this year for those wanting to see.  It was a bit different because my father and mother were both sick with their health problems and were not in attendance, so we missed them, but it was a joyous evening with the the rest of my family at Mr. and Mrs. Kirby's home along with the lovely Cheyenne C.  It was such a nice evening, and it's always exciting to hear everyone's stories of how they are where they are now in life with God as their center.  We're all so blessed and thankful for that!

 I really liked Mrs. Kirby's decor for this elegant, royal evening.  Love and Hope!  It's what life is all about.  I need to get something like this to put in my place.


Mrs. Kirby bought my niece "spoils" from the store.  Sophia is a two year old jewelry fan, I mean big time!.....so she was well pleased with her gift of a purse stuffed with little children's jewels like rings, necklaces, tiara's, hats...ETC.  I joked and said I wished I was two.  LOL!  I remember receiving gifts on NTB when I was a little girl, and it makes the evening memorable and stand out for the little ones as they grow older.


....even though my parents couldn't be in attendance, we didn't want them to not be able to celebrate on this special occasion, so Mrs. Kirby was so kind and made them each a plate to go along with some treats (above and below) as well.  That was very thoughtful of her, and I was able to take them their food before we ate, and then get back to the Kirby's on time to eat myself with everyone else.  That way, we all could eat together at the same time though in different places.
Cheyenne helped Mrs. Kirby get the food ready that day.  I'm going to miss this gal when she graduates AC next month.  A real sweetie.
 There is something special about this pic of my sister in law and niece that makes me really like it.  Maybe it's Sonia's beautiful smile.

 Princess Sophia crowned herself, and then went through her spoils of the evening.  :-) 
 The S. Coats family relaxing before dinner.
 ....four pics in a row of her checking out her gifts makes it safe to say she liked them!  The funniest part of the evening for me was when, a little later on that evening, Sophia was playing with a toy and then patted the floor for me to come sit by her.  Right before I sat by her, I told her I would fall asleep if I sat down, so she removed the toys, wouldn't even let me touch them, put them up in the bag they came out of, and told me I couldn't go to sleep.  Mr. Kirby joked and said that she could just wake me up, and Sophia responded to him "Oh, no."...and then said something like "she won't."LOL!  I guess I have a rep with the niece as hard to wake up......I wonder why?  Two year old reasoning.  :-)



 ....Whatcha doing?.....Oh, you are taking a picture of Aunt Carolyn and I......I'll smile!  Take two!  :-)


 ...something about this pose catches the eye. 

The Food!
Appetizers!



 Main Course






Fruit and Dessert Course
The Setting


 I liked all of the lights they had put out.  They were burning bright and strong with brilliance beaming!  ;-)


This was a very special evening that will definitely be remembered.  Thanks again to the Kirby's for having us over on this elegant night.  It truly was a night to be remembered which is what it is was all about!

1st Day of ULB Lunch!
A BIG thanks to Aubrey M. for having a few friends over for lunch on this day!  It was such an enjoyable time.  We're so blessed to live close enough to each other to get together in this way.  That's definitely not something to take for granted.  Here are a few pics from that lunch!
The Nice's take such lovely photos.  Beautiful family!
One of my fav pics of the C. Brown family....so nostalgic to me.....I have known Conner and Melinda since 2nd grade, we've grown up, even moved from Texas where we grew up to the state we are in now.....I bought a house....Melinda roomed with me......they got married....got their own house....had two children.......and we're still "together as friends" in our 30's now.  We're destined to be together maybe like forever and ever I guess.  ;-)

Josue M.s cheese cutting skills unveiled.  :-)

Reese Z's veggie cutting knife skills unveiled.  :-)
Adar's hair looked so nice!

 Funniest part of this lunch is when the dog snatched a cap, in record timing, from the juice little Mary was drinking and wouldn't give it back.  Mary was not a happy little girl but the dog was.  LOL  The end of the story was that Aubrey was able to get the dog to spit the cap out, so the dog is okay, and Mary was okay in the end too though she didn't get her cap back after the dog had, had it.  ;-)






No comments:

Post a Comment