Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Family Night - Sister in Law and Niece Fun

  While my brother was at graduate club, my sister in law and niece came over and we had a family ladies night.  So fun.  Perks to having family next door.  We ate dinner, watched a movie, talked, played the piano (Aunt Carolyn really was trying to sneak in some practice time LOL), danced, played a quick game of pool,  and more.
ABOVE:  I really like this pic of Sonia and Sophia looking at each other....shows the love of a mother and daughter....so beautiful!
BELOW:  Sophia decided that she would make a booster seat out of one of the sofa pillows all on her own.
BELOW:  Aunt and Niece love  :-)

My niece may not have the privilege of being raised in Texas, but she has family who was, so she's somehow picked up on rodeo riding; only she pretended like she got bucked off a tiger instead of a horse or bull. ;-)
BELOW:  Aunt Carolyn really likes shooting video of me.  It's pretty funny.
BELOW:  It makes for a super happy niece when the Aunt lets them jump on one of her guest room beds.  After all, Aunt's are suppose to be fun!  ;-)  Here is a visual of what pure, innocent 2 year old joy looks like!  Oh, and I have seen pictures of the Statue of Liberty recently, so decided to pose like it at the end of my jumping.  Weird, yeah, but I'm 2 and very random.  :-)
This is what happens after you jump on your Aunt's guest room bed for awhile....you get tired and have to rest for a bit.

....getting really sleepy!
Once Sophia recovered from her "exercise" by her little cat nap, she decided to "get a little studying in with Malachi's Message."  ;-)  Really like these pics!
Sophia looking at the author.  She did this all on her own....got off the bed, chose this book out of 5 others on the shelf, and returned to the bed to "look at it."
BELOW:  Seeing my Aunt film me made me nervous, so I was "all done"  and put my pool stick down, and got off my bean bag chair.  I did get the first shot that I took in the hole first try, but of course Aunt Carolyn missed filming that.
BELOW:  Dinner!  Aunt Carolyn had cabbage, ginger garlic chicken, yams, brown rice, and ginger garlic bread.  She made an extra plate for Daddy for when he got home.  That way Mommy didn't have to cook and could enjoy a night off and Daddy would feel included.


....Orange Izze + a half lemon cut and squeezed in + fresh tangerine + 2 shots of vodka equals a yummy and easy mixed drink for the Mommy and Aunt.  :-)


BELOW:  Apple pie with caramel drizzled on top, topped off with healthy vanilla coconut ice cream.  When you're lactose intolerant, and your sister in law is too, it makes it simple..... coconut ice cream.  It doesn't taste quite like "the real thing" but it's close enough.
Until next play date sometime in the future.........

No comments:

Post a Comment